Monday, November 29, 2004

"Allow me to Repeat Myself"
Sal's Corner


There were two birds on a tree. One's name was Pete, the other was named Repeat...........Pete flew away........who's left..........REPEAT.......There were two birds on a tree. One's name was Pete, the other was named Repeat...........Pete flew away........who's left.........REPEAT.......There were two birds on a tree. One's name was Pete, the other was named Repeat...........Pete flew away........who's left..........REPEAT.......

Well I aint gonna play with yall too much longer but, people LOVE to repeat stuff. WHY? I HEARD you the FIRST time. I think you should really ask to be allowed to repeat yourself. Today we will talk about phrases that are repeated too much.


* "Like I said" - When you are planning out something with someone and they say "Like I said........", you already know they are gonna say "Like I said........" 20 more times. You could be talking about getting picked up from work and then Charles says "Yeah Like I said, I'll be at the bus stop at 5:20.........like I said take ya time but, I'll be there at 5:20.......like I said just call me but I'll already be there". We shoulda ended the convo when you simply stated you'd be there @ 5:20. Some people JUST dont know when to cut if off.

* "Everything Cool" - Now this is an occasion when you just HAVE to fight off the other person by repeating yourself. This phrase is OK. Someone bumps into you and they spill punch all on your white shirt. They get to apologizing and coppin a plea. You have to KEEP saying "Dog, Everything Cool". They keep going on about buying you another shirt. "DOG.....EVERYTHING COOL". I mean they just KEEP going on and on until you just say look "DO you want me to be mad. I can BE mad........now back off.....Everything cool!"

* "Oh Ok" - This is a word you say over and over when you really DONT care to hear about something someone is telling you. "Lil Jasmine is taking Piano lessons now" or "You know Steve finally got me the ring". Just typical morning info from co-workers that is totally unnecessary. I think when I hear someone say "Oh Ok" more than 2 times in my convo with them, I just cease the convo.

* "What he say?" - Dont people get on your nerves in the car asking what somebody said while youre STILL getting the message. Sometimes I wanna take the back of the phone and smack that person wit it! Just sit back and wait. They'll say it a MILLION times until you hit dem wit da back of that Nextel.

* "I GOTCHU" - You ever put your life in a nigga's hands? I mean you really needed to get something done. You stress that to this dude and he keeps saying "I GOTCHU". I mean you told him you need someone to pick up the package before 6:00 PM. He nodding his head and steadily saying "I GOTCHU". 6:00 comes and that nigga aint GOTCHU or dat package. The more someone says "I GOTCHU", the more I search through my mental rolodex for other people. I already know you are not dependable thats why I KEEP saying "Are you sure?". You having to say "I GOTCHU", should let you know that I dont halfway trust you. And THEY know they are gonna let you down. They just dont KNOW how.

* "Alright" - "Alright Alright Alright Alright Alright". And I aint talking about OutKast. You ever wake up in the morning and hear your parents on the phone? If you ever hear a bunch of "Alright's", They're probably talking on a long distance convo. When someone calls from outta town, the convo can NEVER end. Everybody keeps saying "Well......Alright". You might hear that 18 times before the phone clicks. And then all you gotta say is "Who was that? Aunt Iggy?" You dont have to ask though. You already KNOW!