Friday, May 21, 2004

"The First Time I Said Yes....."
By Salvador Gabor


The first time I said "Yes".........it's like I never said "NO". Doesn't always seem like that? Forget the first time I said "No". That's irrelevant right now. The first time I said "Yes"........what about that?? Is that an opened door to "flunky-hood"? I'm confused.

You can give someone a ride ONCE, and they think that one-day pass lasts forever. What part of the game is that? Where do they do that at? Since when does one act of kindness mean that it's "All 2 da good" when it comes to getting a favor from da ole boy? People tend to think that you are on their agenda. So if you really can't do the favor for them, they think you are "shady". One note for thought...........$3 or $4 of gas aint worth me taking you out to the boondocks. Unless you're giving me $20 for my time and efforts, I can't swing it playboy.

Ladies, sweeties, honeybuns, preciouses. Just because I told you that I would ride to the mall with you, doesn't mean I want to ride to the outlets too. Take me home. That's for real. Fellas, ladies always want you to go to the mall with them or somewhere that you don't feel like going. They want to see how far they can go and how much they can aggrevate you. I've said "No" before. This is NOT the first time.

Old people. Lemme tell you a thang or two. "Yes" I took you to drop your clothes off at the cleaners. "Yes" I sat with you and helped you put together your DVD player. And you still call my mother looking for me to help you change the channels. You are gonna make me say "NO" real soon.

I'm really a nice guy beneath all of the teasing that I do on this site. I don't wanna keep yall long. It's Friday and it's nice out. Just remember, "The first time I said YES, it's like I never said NO".




"The Playa's Summit Network"
By Salvador Gabor


Playas across this mighty nation are aligning themselves together to display true playamenship by coordinating a nationwide tour. "The Playa's Summit Network" simply has ONE goal. "To show niggas how to do it in STYLE". That is the motto and model for 2004. Everyone is caught up button-up shirts and cufflinks but, this summit will bring out other fashion techniques for the playas. The first stop on the tour will be in Norfolk, VA. The itinerary for the weekend is as follows:


June 18th, 2004

a) Breakfast Brunch at the Waffle House

b) Open Forum (Topic: Males and Manicures)

c) Lunch at Picadilly's

d) Breakout Session (Topic: When to go beyond regional styling)

e) Dinner at the Salad/Hot Bar at Piggly Wiggly's



June 19th, 2004

a) All day party at Pernell Whitaker's House in Norfolk.

b) An award will be given to "Junebug" Jenkins for his efforts to coordinate this whole affair

c) Brief memorial service for Harold Pennyworth A.K.A. "Thunda Kat". He had a brief stint as a background actor. His big break was when he was standing directly behind Bill Cosby in "Uptown Saturday Night". He was a pioneer for fashion in the late 90's at the end of the "Double-Breasted" suit era. He tried to keep it alive. He sho' did!


June 20th, 2004

a) Church Service at the 14th Baptist Church of Rip Rap Road in Hampton, VA

b) Cookout at Mrs. Odessa's house. The VIP room will be in the "Back Room"/Den of the house




For more info call us at (301) 455-3534. Ask for Granddaddy Willie.